Jun 30, 2009

Our Girl's Room

That is so fun to say "Our Girls!" Anyway, when we found out we were having a girl we promised the kids we would be painting and fixing up bedrooms. One of my favorite people in the world, Sarah W., went with me to buy fabric, buy a fabulous sewing machine (for a great price), and helped me pick out paint. Well, sewing and my current condition just don't mix.

I believe it was the day I was in tears over such a problem with Justin that Sarah W. secretly left my house with my pile of fabric and helped my little Girl's bedroom become reality before our baby came. She even managed to put the bumper and skirt on the crib without me knowing. I also must tell you all that while doing these sewing projects she has had my kids many days and has brought in many meals for our family. I'm not sure how she does it all, but it seriously makes me get all teary thinking about her!



She made these curtains for me! They are black out and all--if you could see the seams you'd just die. There is no way I could have done them like this let alone go buy them from any store. They are top quality; I couldn't buy any better than this!



She made these bumpers and skirt for me too! She actually covered my denim bumpers that I used for our other two kids just incase we have a boy down the road. I never would have thought. The little buttons are precious and all the trim work--man she's amazing! The skirt can actually be flipped around to reveal the denim again too. I tell you what; Sarah W. not only knows how to sew and multi-task, but she also knows how to save a great deal of money!



So, with these amazing projects completed, and Justin's magnificent painting on the walls along with shopping for white bedding for Sarah's bed we're almost done with this room. I can't wait to get off this couch and make the dresser and night stand pale pink and to add a bulletin board and some pictures. Maybe those will be the projects that send me into labor when it's safe and sound! :)

Special thanks to Sarah and Justin for making my little dream take place; I have to admit that it brightens these long days to just go and lay on Sarah's bed and feel excited for the day I can peek in this bedroom and see two sweet sisters sound asleep in their beds.

14 comments:

Kroffs said...

Sarah sounds like a true christian.

amy said...

What a sweet friend! So sorry you're feeling cruddy! Someday...someday soon!!

Aaron and Tami said...

Hi Meg! That's way cute! I'm excited for you and so glad that you have good friends to lighten your load and add a smile to your face! We love you and are thinking of you! Soon you'll have a sweet baby and forget all about the struggles it took to get her here! Keep hanging in there! We love you!

Dawn said...

YAY! Sarah W is AMAZING!! I didn't know it was a surprise, how fun! I saw the fabric at her home. I'm glad I didn't slip and spoil the surprise. I wish I has a tiny bit of her talent. The room looks great.

Brandon and Jenn said...

Megan, the bedding is adorable! Sarah is pretty amazing. I hope you're feeling well. I miss seeing you around church and everytime I go to sign up to bring you dinner the calendar is full. I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles when lots of people love you!

Ariane said...

Wow! Just reading that makes me want to cry. What an amazing person Sarah is. The room looks great!

Kamille said...

The room is unique. I love that! Everyone will ask where you got your stuff (thinking that they can just go out an get it somewhere) and you'll be able to say, "I have the coolest friend..." That's really great. I'm impressed that you are getting so much done without lifting your body. Nice work!

Amy said...

I love your friend and husband too! Nothing makes the time go faster/sweeter than seeing a beautiful place to put your baby! Good luck!

Leslie said...

How wonderful! Give Sarah and Justin an embrace from your mom and dad for all they have done and are doing for you! I'm anxious to be able to come and cuddle your sweet baby in this "girly" bedroom. It's darling! Before you know it you'll be up loving life once again. We all love you so very much!

Amy Wittwer said...

That is so darling and such a nice thing that your friend did. I am glad you have some great helpers!

Tasha said...

Wow, What a friend! It looks so great!

Joel W. KROff said...

Thank you and thank Sara W. and that good husband of yours for showing us what service and love is all about. Marium and I are so excited about the new addition to your family, we look forward to actual hugs very soon. Joel

Steve and Jen said...

Sooo Awesome! Your friend is awesome and the curtains and bedding is just darling! What a tender mercy!

Unknown said...

There is nothing in the world like getting a room ready to welcome a new family member. It is just so exciting and feels so good. I'm glad you have someone who could help make that happen :)