Apr 3, 2012

Well Fed


After listening to two days of our prophet and apostles speak to us, we made these tasty treats!  New project for us but they turned out sooo yummy.  Bottom line...we felt very well fed.


We were super lucky to get Justin home for Preisthood Session and also Sunday.  As I listened, two themes really stood out to me.  First, Elder Uktdorf brought up a bumper sticker that said "Don't judge me because I sin differently than you."  I loved that message throughout all of conference of being non judgemental, seeing consequences of contentions/envy, how important it is to forgive ourselves and others. We all need more compassion, more grace and more mercy!

Second, I couldn't help feel past emotions of my Heavenly Father holding me in His hands as I heard Elder Eyring speak of our challenges being for experience, to polish us a little more, that it's for our good.  Loved that Elder Baxter brought up the story of the single mother at her wit's end and looking heaven ward prayed to be in heaven.  The words came to her "No little one, you cannot come to me now but I can come to you."  He won't leave us!  I know that! I have felt it!

Just love Conference!!!


1 comment:

Chelsi said...

I have wanted to make doughnuts for a long time. Want to share your recipe?