Oct 12, 2012

Our New Dog, Sky


I have never been much of an animal person.  I always have said if we had a dog than it would be an outside dog, but it's impossible to not love this sweet, vulnerable puppy.  We love him sooo much!



The morning we told the kids that we were going to start like for a dog, Sarah of course exploded with joy but Spence a little aprehensive.  He was a little nervous about having a dog around and told me so.  Then he said we should pray that we get the right one for our family and knelt down right there in the middle of the kitchen floor...so Sarah, Alli and I joined him.  It happened too fast for Justin to know from way up stairs. 

He knelt down and said the most tender prayer about finding a nice dog that was just right for Sarah, and him and Alli.  That the dog wouldn't bite and it would be a fun dog. 


Then off we went looking...downtown in the city shelter...no luck.  Up to the Montgomery shelter...no luck...just more questions.  Around to multiple dog stores for their adoption shows...no luck.  We got talked into going back to the Montgomery County Shelter and walked around for way too long.  We were about to go when I felt like we should just walk through the bigger dog room and just give them one more chance.


Sky was sitting there just looking at me with his bright blue, almost white, eyes.  He cocked his head to one side and the other dogs in his kennel and next to were big, ugly, in my eyes scary and barking/jumping around like crazy.  There was a feeling that I needed to pull him out of the kennel and just see what he was like with the kids.

He was so tender and just snuggled up to them and let us all pet him.  I knew he was the one...I knew we should call him Sky because of his eyes and the kids didn't question or Justin.  It just felt right.  I know it was inspired.  Heavenly Father sent this dog to us!



It started that we wanted little and fluffy...ended up with this wonderful mix of yes...probably Pit Bull Terrier with some Blue Heeler and probably something else of a dog.  I never would have thought, but I will tell you that I feel so much safer when Justin is gone and I love knowing that he is way more tender and loving than he looks :)

1 comment:

Joel said...

What a beautiful dog, what a great family.