Oct 12, 2012

Spencer's Bday and Baptism


Spencer had been staring at this American Flag Cake the whole time he had been at Grandma's and I don't blame him...it looked sooo yummy.  He requested it for his birthday!  So I dug in and made it!


Nothin' like bakin' in Pine Valley!
 


This has to be one of the best cake's I have ever tasted!
 

Grandma & Grandpa Jennings baptism gift to Spencer was this really neat memory book and a special white towel for when he got dressed after his baptism.


Our birthday tradition is you can pick out what you want for breakfast and the kids have enjoyed these berry and whip cream faces!  Grandpa and Grandma Kroff helped make this one happen for Spence on his big 8th birthday.


By far the most special part of his day was his baptism.  He was lucky to be baptized right on his 8th birthday!  It was also special that he got baptized in the same church bldg. that me and his Aunts, Uncles and Grandpa Jennings got baptized in.


I am so proud of Spencer and his strong testimony.  He really does know who he is and that our Savior is always there for him.  I loved watching him prepare for this special day and taking it very serious.  He wanted to understand everything and always had questions...many that I would hear him praying about often. 


This picture just sums up that special day perfectly for me.  That temple was where I was sealed to this man for an eternity.  We will always be together...FOREVER as long as we are constantly using the atonement in our lives.  That boy in Justin's arms right there is my heart!  His spirit is so special and I know he was sent to me for many specific purposes.  He is a strength in our home and it has brought us so much joy to watch him become the age of accountability.


After a spiritual uplift we headed for the mountains with the Kroff's for a "Tie Dye" party that Spence had wanted for years.  I just figured this would be the best way with all the BIG people to help instead a bunch of boys back in Texas.  So, it was FHE with the Jennings to celebrate and Tie Dye with the Kroff's.








Can you tell we had a pinata?  I don't think Alli liked it all.  She disappeared for a while and was really quiet...this is where we found her, hangin' out on Ebony's bed.

 
And the outcome...the shirts are awesome!  I just have to convince Spence he can't wear it everyday.

No comments: